Some of our favourite places to eat
- The Manners, Bakewell – Dog friendly Gastro pub with great food
- The Bull, Ashford in the Water - Traditional Robinsons small character pub serving great food in a lovely Derbyshire village with the River Wye flowing through the heart of it. Just down the road in the next village towards Bakewell. Lovely cosy fire in the winter months.
- The Packhorse, Little Longstone - Lovely historic character features in this compact pub – promotes itself with ‘Walkers and Muddy boots welcome.’ It is worth booking a table as it is popular with the locals.
- The White Lion, Great Longstone - Recently refurbished gastro pub situated in the pretty village of Great Longstone.
- Monsal Head Hotel and Stable Bar, Monsal Head - This place has a great viewing area and is a fabulous place to rest and enjoy a pint in the old Stable Barn when walking along the Monsal Trail.
- The Red Lion, Litton - Nestled on the green in the picturesque village of Litton, The Red Lion is one of a very few unspoilt traditional Peak District pubs. This historic inn combines character & quality in a way that is rare in modern pubs.
- Devonshire Arms, Beeley- Set on the Chatsworth Estate, The Devonshire Arms is one of those picturesque country inns at the heart of village life. It offers the charm and character of an historic inn with a contemporary twist! The Brasserie is modern, bright and relaxing while the Inn is cosy and inviting.
- The Bull’s Head, Monyash - A traditional pub located in the heart of Monyash, serving good pub food. Popular with families and walkers.
- The Barrel Inn, Bretton - Charming traditional pub with amazing views across the Peak District.
- The Peacock at Rowsley
- The Woodyard, Bakewell - Great location by the river in Bakewell for a family friendly Restaurant – Serves both lunch and dinner.
- PieDaniels, Bakewell - A fine French restaurant and cafe bar in the heart of Bakewell offering a selection of fine French & English cuisine.
- Shalimar Indian Restaurant - A great Indian restaurant located
- The Merchants Yard- Tideswell - Great Spacious Restaurant for small or large groups, serving amazing cocktails should you just want to stop and have a drink. Fabulous choice of daytime menu and Sunday Roasts
- Cauldwells Mill
- The Yondermann Cafe - Wardlow Miers - Hearty Breakfasts available in small, big, bigger and biggest portions - a must to try! Sandwiches / jacket potatoes and main meals served until 3.00pm
- The Bean and Bag, Bakewell - Family run café in the heart of Bakewell offering locally sourced freshly prepared meals, cakes and scones.
- The Old Smithy in Beeley
- Lavender Tea Rooms, Bakewell - A lovely quaint tea room, hidden in the corner of Hebden court, the charming décor includes vintage memorabilia and there’s outside seating in the sheltered courtyard. A great place for afternoon tea.
- Hassop Station Café & Bookshop - A new family friendly cafe with outdoor covered seating and play, with a focus on food, family & fresh air. Enjoy brunch, lunch or afternoon tea on the terrace on the renown Monsal Trail or in the newly refurbished station building.
- Hobbs Café, Monsal Head Hotel, Monsal Head - Situated at Monsal Head this cosy café offers great views and serves locally made ice cream.
- The Old Smithy Café, Monyash - Rustic! Famous for its breakfast featured in the Top 50 Breakfast Book in the country. Character décor, open year round – walkers and bikers welcome. Also serves lunch daily with dinner on certain days.